Date Dependent Text Within Notes
Product Version: 2.07+
Document Version: 2.00
Last Updated: 21/01/16
Original Author: Geert Van Eycken
This white paper will help you to …
- With the release of version 2.07 Tourplan has added the possibility to output date dependent note text on messages.
- By using following tags around the date sensitive note text:
<Applies dd-mmm-yyyy to dd-mmm-yyyy> and <Applies:end>
- The text inside the tags will only be output if the travel or service date falls within the date range identified by the tags.
- Below a Database Supplier Note:
- The above note shows 3 variations:
- The first date sensitive note text will be output for travel or service date 1 July 09 or later.
- The second date sensitive note text will be output for all travel or service dates up to 30 June 2009.
- The third date sensitive note text will only be output if the travel or service date falls on 31 December 09.
- The syntax must be exact for these tags to work. If the syntax is not correct the text together with the tags will be output.
- If the note substitution code is placed in the header, itinerary header, itinerary tail or tail then the travel date will be used in deciding when to display the date sensitive note text; if the note substitution code is placed in the lines section then the service date will be decisive.
- Do not use note substitution codes for notes including date tags on following message types:
- When retrieving notes via hostConnect, the date sensitivity tags will be displayed in the XML response. From here your web developer should be able to filter which text to display.
- The Date Dependent Text within Notes works at WebConnect / Option Info and Supplier Info section from Version 3 onwards.
- System shows the note contents within the date tag according to the service date user search at WebConnect / Online Booking section.